Watercolor by Soon Y. Warren
October 28th, 29th, and 30th, 2022 / 9 AM - 4 PM
Hosted by Plymouth Center for the Arts
New England Watercolor Society
11 North Street, Plymouth, MA (map)
To speed up the class exercise, Soon Y Warren will provide a reference photo and drawing for the group exercise. Following a painting demonstration, workshop participants will do their own painting in order to fully understand the process. While concentrating on technique, the concept of color theory, composition, and color values will be incorporated into the workshop.
While painting workshop participants will learn:
• Glazing and washing techniques to create a luminous underpainting
• How to utilize light and dark values in order to capture the sparkle of glass
• How to approach a painting
• How to incorporate the concept of color theory and color relationships into a
• Discussion and critiques will follow during the workshop session
• In addition to the group exercise, participants are encouraged to bring current
pieces to paint along with reference photos. To make the most of instructional
time, prepare the drawing before the workshop.
VISIT Soon Y Warren’s website
In order to benefit from this workshop, basic knowledge & some previous experience is strongly recommended.
The workshop will be limited to 20 participants.
Tuition for the 3-day workshop is $450 for NEWS members, $525 for non-members.
A $225 deposit holds your space, Full payment by August 22, 2022.
DOWNLOAD the Workshop Brochure
Please see our cancellation policy
Use the Add to Cart button below to pay your workshop fee securely with your PayPal account or your credit card - no PayPal account required. We will contact you at the email address you provide during Check-out to confirm your registration information.
- Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to the start of the event will receive a full refund less a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations made between 7 to 60 days prior to the start of the event will receive a 50% refund of total tuition.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations made less than 7 days before the scheduled date of the event or after the event has started.
- If the event has to be cancelled because of unforeseen circumstances then a full refund will be promptly made.
- Tuition is due 60 days prior to the start of the workshop.