January 29, 2022 - February 27, 2022
Hosted by The Guild of Boston Artists
162 Newbury Street,
Boston, MA 02116
Over $4,000 in Awards
Juror of Selection and Awards: Keiko Tanabe
Keiko Tanabe is an accomplished artist. Her credits include the National Watercolor Society (signature), American Watercolor Society (signature), American Impressionist Society and, Laguna Plein Air Painters Association (signature). We are honored and fortunate to have Keiko as our juror this year.
Important dates and times
|October 31, 2021||Submissions closed|
|January 3, 2022||Submission deadline (via Smarter Entry only)|
|January 9||Notification of Acceptance|
|January 20||Shipped work due|
|January 26||Delivery of art, 10:30am-2:30pm (assigned time)|
|January 28||Notification awards|
|January 29||Show opens|
|February 27||Show closes. Art pickup 4:30 to 6pm (assigned time)|
|February 28||Art pick up, 11:00am to 2:00pm (assigned time)|
|March 1||Pick up paintings 11am-2pm (subject to change)|
|Shipped work will be repacked and returned after March 1|
|At this time we are planning an awards reception on
Saturday, February 5 from 2 to 4pm.
Submissions are through Smarter Entry!
See below for details
White and off-white mats only. All work must be framed under acrylic (Plexiglas). Wires must be attached so that they are not visible when the work is hanging. No sawtooth hangers allowed. Mat, frame and glazing package must have a professional look and be in “as if new” condition. Work not conforming to regulations WILL NOT BE EXHIBITED. Note - Size limitation of 36 inches in width, based on outside measurement of frame, 36” and not a fraction more.
DELIVERY OF SUBMITTED WORK
- Hand delivered artwork must be received at the Guild of Boston Artists, 162 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116 on Wednesday, January 26th, 2022,10:30am-2:30pm. (assigned times TBA) Due to Covid precautions there will be special drop off and pickup instructions. These details will be provided to all accepted artists. Complete the label that is at the end of this prospectus and attach it to the hanging wire of the painting.
- Shipped works must be received at the Guild of Boston Artists, 162 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116 by January 26th, 2022. Be sure to attach the completed label to your hanging wire. A prepaid return shipping label must be included.
Note: Except for mailed work, please deliver your work unwrapped.
- Open to all NEWS Signature Members, one painting per person.
- Painting must have been completed within the last five years.
- All work must be for sale and meet framed size limitations. No P.O.R.’s(Price on Request), no N.F.S.’s.
- All work must be painted with aqua media including watercolor, acrylic, casein, egg tempera, gouache and inks on paper or synthetic paper such as Yupo; collage with only aqua media is acceptable.
- All work must be original: no photocopies, color laser prints, multiple prints, pastels or computer generated work.
- Work may not have been created in a class or workshop under a teacher’s supervision.
- Work may not be withdrawn early.
- No changes in pricing or catalog information can be made after submission.
- The Screening Committee has the right to refuse any painting that does not meet the stated specifications or is not accurately represented by the image submitted. As a signature member of NEWS it is an honor to exhibit in the SMS, therefore it is expected that you submit your best work, framed in a professional manner.
- Paintings may not have been previously exhibited in a NEWS show or at the Guild of Boston Artists.
- Review guidelines and regulations HERE
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- Enter online via Smarter Entry
- Submit your image as JPG, TIF or PNG files not greater than 4MB. The longer side should be 1,200 pixels or greater (2000px recommended).
- Paintings will be sold at the price originally stated by the artist. No changes will be accepted. Please edit your entries carefully.
- Only one image may be submitted.
- $30 entry fee through Smarter Entry.
- No CD entries, no slides.
- 2022 dues must be paid in advance: https://www.newenglandwatercolorsociety.org/Join_Renew/Signature_Dues.html
- Submitted JPGs must accurately represent the painting. An online gallery will be created from these images. Please be aware that the quality of your image is particularly important this year as many visitors will opt to view the show on-line due to Covid precautions. Awards will be based on the actual painting that is delivered to the Guild of Boston Artists.
- NEWS and the Guild of Boston Artists reserve the right to photograph paintings or use digital images for publicity purposes.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
- Accepted artists will be posted on the NEWS website January 9th, 2022
- Works not accepted may be picked up by appointment at the Guild.
Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, Sunday 12:00 to 4:00 pm; closed Monday.
A 40% commission will be retained by NEWS on all sales.
RETURN OF WORK
- Work must be picked up at the Guild of Boston Artists, 162 Newbury Street, Boston, MA on February 28, 2022, 11am-2pm (assigned time).
- Shipped works will be re-packed and returned to the artist after March 1, 2022.
While all reasonable care will be taken, the New England Watercolor Society and the Guild of Boston Artists will not accept liability for any loss or damage.
Submissions are through Smarter Entry!